Saturday, December 1, 2007

Maa Maa and Peanut Butter Poop

Since we recently discovered Zoe's intolerance to both soy and dairy-based formula, we've been considering other options. One suggestion we heard frequently from both friends and medical professionals was goat's milk. Zoe seemed to like it. After all, despite the odor, the can claims it has a "gourmet taste" and that it's easier to digest than cow's milk. After finishing her first bottle, she took special notice of the goat picture in her flip-a-face baby animal book. Interestingly enough, the goat makes a "maa maa" sound, which made us wonder whether Zoe was getting a little confused about her true progenitor. Two days later, after a few bottles of premium goat's milk, we noticed a suspicious lack of dirty diapers. "What are you feeding me," she said? Well, soon thereafter, we discovered that goat's milk was not the solution to Zoe's eating woes. After returning from the pediatrician, we became aware that Zoe needed to be changed, and it was, naturally, my turn. Unzipping her hoodie, I detected something out of the ordinary up around her chest. POOP! Jenny later said it looked like a 24 oz. jar of peanut butter exploded in her diaper. It took 16 wipes to scrape it off. I considered taking a picture, but two things stopped me: I couldn't let my daughter wallow in her own filth and I feared the repercussions of posting inappropriate content to blogger. Anyway, the verdict on goat's milk: STAY AWAY!

3 comments:

adam said...

Wow - I don't even know what to say about this one! Jar of Peanut Butter? Holy crap... literally! Give Zoe our best and make sure her bowel woes are cleared up before she meets the Luke. Bad first impressions are hard to forget.

franceylibrarian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
franceylibrarian said...

Oy! Poor baby. Poor daddy. Poor Zoe at 16...

But lucky me - I can now follow your every report through my feed reader! Thanks so much for the alert to updated photos.

Which reminds me - Mitch just set us up for photosharing at Smugmug - http://mitchfrances.smugmug.com. Just tried to post this with the html and blew it...